312 WARREN AVENUE (SUITE 2) HOHOKUS, NJ 07423
Who Understand Stepfamilies
Are you a stepfamily member?
Thinking of creating a new stepfamily?
Involved with a partner who has children?
They have unique needs and require expert understanding.
Despite love and good intentions, stepfamilies often face issues with:
- Couple Conflicts and Communication
- Child Discipline
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Loyalty Conflicts Between Children and Parents
- Relationships with Previous Partners
- Finances and Child Support
- Holidays and Family Celebrations
- Access to Children for Non-Residential Parents
Parents, stepparents, grandparents, significant others, and especially children
can feel resentful, confused, overwhelmed or rejected.
Stepping Stones Counseling Center was created with the goal of improving and enriching the quality of stepfamily life.
Our staff is composed of experienced, licensed mental health professionals, each of whom is a stepfamily member.
We not only work with stepfamily issues, we face them every day in our personal lives.
Our Services Include:
- Stepfamily "Tuneups" (Short-term Consultations for Minor Problems)
- Couple and Family Counseling
- Individual Counseling for Adults, Adolescents, and Children
Counseling services are covered by most health insurance carriers.
For more stepfamily information, resources, and literature visit
National Stepfamily Resource Center or call 866-755-9991.